Wednesday, December 15, 2010

An Unconditional Love And Loyalty Of My Green Personata


SUMMARY

This morning, as we were changing water and feeds, one of my green personata flew out of the cage but she didn't flew away. She never tempted to get out of my place though there are open spaces where she can escape and be free forever. She hopped from one cage to another trying to get in. Having the feeling that she has no intention of flying away, i opened up two cages for her to enter and voila, it was a success. She is now back with her hubby and seen both pair happy to be reunited once again.

HOW IT ALL HAPPENED

I was in front of my shop when that thing happened. I was then talking to a neighbor at the time when someone just shout that the bird flew out of the cage. Oh my gosh, it cant be as i said to myself silently. I ran fast to close the gate though there are customers outside wanting to buy, i just told them that my shop wont be opened not until i solve the problem.Though my place is covered, it has a few open area where birds can escape. And i lost a few of them before (most specially during the time that i was barely new in birdkeeping) but there were indeed some who by chance were catched back through the help of a bird catcher.

What was amazing with this sweet creature is that she already had the chance of being free. She was already right in front of the big hole, seeing the open sky but instead turned her back and hopped on my toys which were hung in the selling area (several different boings, mega orbit fun, etc) then hopped from one cage to another. It was like she was just playing and seems like she was enjoying what she was doing... Looking at her then with her funny activities, it made me feel confident that this creature has no intention of getting away....Though, i cant be 100% sure, who really knows what was going through her mind? I tried catching her with a bird net but twas really tough... got little tears on the sides of my eyes for i was full of tension not really wanting to loose her. Seeing her hopping from one cage to another, i decided to put a divider on two separate double cage 17x30 (there are occupants inside it) and opened up the other side, with the hope that she will come to its entrance where i can trap her. It was never easy for she was out for no less than two hours, all my attempts of catching her with the bird net all fail. I was already loosing hope but ofcourse nothing is left with me but just hope and thanks God, all my patience paid off for she get right through the cage entrance and went inside the nest box attached to it.... I call it luck for this bird showed her genuine loyalty, to me and to her sweetie... Some birds are truly smart and intelligent and indeed capable of loving.... I feel so blessed for having a wonderful pet such as her.

By: Ibonlandia ULBP member